Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Poem I wrote I for my Grammy Peanut when she was still alive...I miss you. Happy Birthday....

I think of you every passing day.  I wear the necklace that you gave away.
Are you okay? 
You taught me to be strong, you taught me how to play.  It is because of you, that I am the woman that I am today.
  Are you okay? 
As time passes, you keep telling me that you are fading away.
You gave me the cake topper from your wedding day.
Are you okay? 
Your fading strength will soon give way.  But your sense of humor and love will always stay.
Are you okay? 
I know that in your dreams, with your husband you lay.  I know that when you go, it will be your way.

Are you okay? 
I know that you get mad when I always say
That I never want you to go away 
But more than anything...
All I want to know is... Grammy, are you going to be okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog